Thursday 4 June 2009

Online Public Profile

I've just googled myself - and limited the hits by putting my name in inverted commas - and there are still 190 results. Most of them aren't me though, as I seem to share my moniker with a recently murdered homeless man (and it is odd to read about someone who has died when they have the same name as you, but I guess all the John Smiths find this out all the time), and a young Rugby League player in Australia.
Most of the entries that are something to do with me are work-related, which is fine as part of the ethos of work is to reash as wide a network as possible. Others are from my own entry and other peoples' entries on Facebook, the latter of which was unexpected.
I might have to think about disclosure levels in future.

2 comments:

  1. Googling oneself really does bring disclosure/privacy issues into focus.--p@ c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading your blog, Simon, and agree with many of your thoughts on Added value, as this is an area of which I , too, am an enthusiatic novice. Angela

    ReplyDelete