Monday 8 June 2009

Things I have discovered...

The weekend's work was interesting - it appears there is a whole species of homo zappiens of which I am not yet a member, which makes me a digital immigrant. I have to say that as an initially slightly suspicious entrant into the online world, I have become a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.
Unexpected discoveries were that even Mason and Rennie are not advocating the use of blogs wikis and so on as a panacea for a badly designed or non-engaging course, so when I take what I am learning and put it into practice in 2009-10, it is not simply a case of taking everything that was delivered face-to-face and "sticking it online" it is about taking the good elements and perhaps making minor amendments, and the sections that haven't been too successful and making much more fundamental changes.
I'm also glad to note that when I thuoght were my ideas about making sure eveything has a serious and useful purpose are echoed by the writers too - I suspect many people have started down this track without really knowing why, just a vague idea that it is A Good Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment