Monday 15 June 2009

University of Google

What a fascinating book chapter. I read this on Saturday and it was almost as though I wasn't sat in ther middle of Milton Keynes shopping centre. I think that a lot of what was said fits just as well with my own experience of teaching and students - the bibliography of some final year undergraduates is often very poor and we spend quite a lot of time going over how to evaluate web sources. I think I'm going to have to find another way of doing it though, as on a recent piece of coursework, many could still not distinguish between a refereed journal article and a student online submission.
I'm going to be away from a computer for the next week, but if I can get Twitter to work and do it via my mobile (that is two very big if's!) then I can still join in while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment